About Intercept® Spacer Materials
Intercept® Technologies – THE Best Answer to Energy Star® and EN-1279 Standards!
DO NOT be misled by inaccurate information. Indeed, your BEST answer to Energy Star and EN-1279 compliance is operating on your plant floor when you utilize Intercept Technologies. GED partners with Vitro Architectural Glass (formerly PPG Industries) to bring you the ability to make Vitro’s revolutionary Intercept spacer in-house. Intercept’s viable technology assists you in achieving Energy Star and EN-1279 while remaining the most cost-effective IG system available.
Stainless steel spacer material, compatible with existing Intercept IG equipment, matrix and sealants.
- Custom-engineered alloy is specifically designed for IG to provide superior warm-edge performance at a low cost
- Proprietary 0.0077″ gauge material provides added strength utilizing less material for excellent performance in a premium spacer
- Achieve highest PVF™ (Performance Value Factor) rating with the most economical spacer system with the highest warm-edge performance
- Compatible with your existing Intercept Frame Machine and sealant and matrix material
- No need for argon-gas filled IG (depending on window design), saving time and money so you can meet Energy Star® standards
- Integrated touch screen control station eliminates separate control cabinet and reduces operator movement
The best warm edge spacer you’ll never see!
With an exciting new look, this completely unobtrusive warm edge spacer system tucks neatly below the window sightline making it virtually invisible.
Intercept Blackline makes beautiful windows by eliminating the spacer system from the view of the customer.
Addition by subtraction.
Originally engineered specifically for the UK market, Blackline has also rapidly gained popularity in North America. Customers want to see through windows – not have the components glare back at them. GED achieved this in part with Intercept by tucking it deep below the sightline of the frame. Thanks to UK customer feedback, we have gone a step further and now with Blackline, there is really nothing to see.
Additionally, Blackline meets the requirements of both EN 1279 parts 2 and 3 and Energy Star Standards for maximum energy efficiency. What’s more, its thermally flexible U-Shape design makes it the most reliable and most durable spacer of all — no load on the sealant virtually eliminates seal failures.