What is Intercept®?
PPG developed the Intercept® "Warm-Edge" spacer system for I.G. units. Intercept® spacers feature a unique, one-piece, tin-plated or stainless steel, U-channel design that creates an effective thermal barrier to help reduce conducted heat loss through the window. Its sealed, one-piece design makes Intercept® spacers stronger and better at retaining insulating gas than many conventional designs.
Intercept® Spacer System from PPG
With over 10 billion feet of Intercept Spacer performing every day in more than 600 million windows throughout North America and Europe, and six times fewer call-backs than any other system, it is no wonder Intercept® is #1 worldwide.
- Most durable spacer system - Patented U-shaped design offers superior flexibility with no
load on sealant virtually eliminating seal failures.
- Superior warm edge performance - Meets or exceeds all U.S. Energy Star® and European EN-1279 requirements.
- Best Argon retention - The ultimate in argon retention. Loss of less than .1% per year.
Results from prestigious Rosenheim test. (The Window Technology Institute (RAL) of Rosenheim, Germany)
- Longest MVT - The longest moisture vapor transmission path of any spacer
available providing the most durable seal.
- Most favorable aesthetics - Marketing studies prove consumers prefer the look of INTERCEPT over other spacer systems at sight line.
- Strongest corners available - The QUAD-CORNER™ system offers 4-Layer protection.
Intercept® Simulation Case Studies
Asymmetrical Airspace Simulation Study (PDF)
Casement Simulation Summary (PDF)
Double Hung Simulation Study (PDF)
Picture Window Simulation Study (PDF)