GED's brand new ROBOCLEAN® (RC-1000) vinyl cleaning system piqued the interest of hundreds of industry leaders when it was showcased for the first time at the recent GlassBuild America 2013 Expo in Atlanta, Georgia. The buzz from the Show floor was that this latest innovative vinyl fabrication system from GED is the first major change in the ideology of cleaning vinyl windows and doors in over 20 years.
The technology? ROBOTICS!
With the creation of ROBOCLEAN®, GED has designed a corner cleaner integrating automation technologies that have been used effectively for years in markets where high volume, high quality, safety and precision are top priorities. The technology? ROBOTICS!
Applying robotic technology to the window and door industry allows for new profiles to be added with ease; complete cleaning all the way into corners with no need for touch ups; consistent, repeatable movements; multiple angles of attack and presentation of tools at unique and previously unattainable angles.
• Star Hub rotates to present tools at multiple angles
• Reach of the robotic arm enables tools to clean the square from
underneath and off the corners
• 10 to 15 percent faster than current technology
• No longer limited to step movements
• ‘Chatter’ is eliminated on a contoured surface
• ‘ORTHOGONAL’ cleaning – engaging the tool to the profile
at the optimum angle no matter what the contour of the profile
• Maximum utilization with minimal tooling
• Number of tools can vary, however the tools are not a
limiting factor as to what you can clean
• Can clean multiple surfaces with a single tool presented
in a variety of angles
• Fully enclosed and self-contained
• Minimal exposed cable and moving parts equals less cable wear
• No exposure to vinyl dust/chips
• Easy access tool changing
ROBOCLEAN (RC-1000) is part of an entire GED family of robotic cleaners that will also be offered in twin
head and four head configurations – all of which are certain to revolutionize window fabrication for decades to come.